Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Shelfari

I read, a LOT, and I like a variety of authors and genres. Keeping track of what I've read and what I want to read amid the sea of new books and old ones "reprinted" to look new, proves very tricky.

In my travels around the internet, I found a free bookshelf program, called Shelfari, and fell in love. Being free is a big plus, but it also has all the features I've been needing for so long. It pulls book info from Amazon, keeps track of all the books you enter by author, genre, title and if you've read or plan to read the book. I like the added ability to make private notes, or public reviews, and a star rating system.

I even managed to get Mom hooked on it, which is great! Not only are we now both more organized, our book sharing is much more efficient, and we won't constantly end up with duplicate books, or wondering who has read what.

My next project is to get the rest of the family hooked and using the wish list feature...that'll help with the Christmas shopping!

Link: Shelfari

No comments:

Post a Comment